How to Repair Nike Shoes | The Leather Laundry
Nike Shoes Repair & Maintenance
The Leather Laundry is a premium shoe specialization facility with outlets present across all the major metros in India. They have proven expertise and prowess with all kinds of shoes and related cleaning, repairing, and conditioning techniques. This way they make sure that the user ends up with excellent craftsmanship and wearability. The multifaceted approach of the Leather Laundry not only makes them unique and eminent but also makes them ‘you go to name’ when it comes to shoes.
The major raw materials that are predominantly persistent in Nike shoes are polyester, rubber, EVA (Ethylene Vinyl Acetate) Foam, cotton, synthetic leather, and natural leather. Depending upon the purpose and utility, these fabrics undergo a mix and match in composition, blend, and variability. Combined together results in optimal fitness gear. As cool and fancy as these aspects of Nike shoes seem, cleaning, repairing, and maintenance is a different proposition. They require a touch of skill and finesse.
The primary Nike shoe type that is often widely used is sneakers and their shoe cleaning, shoe heel repair, and shoe sole repair is going to be a fun and engaging journey in the process of restoring its lost glory. The overall sneaker repair is accomplished by breaking it down into individual components like sneaker heel repair, sneaker sole repair, upper fabrics, laces, and linings. Professional sneaker repair involves a balance between manual as well as machine tool processes.
Sneaker shoe sole repair procedure
Sneaker shoe sole repair or replacement procedure is one of the important aspects of sneaker repair. Depending upon the extent of damage, the repair or replacement of the insole or outsole happens.
• Often, there are cases where the glue or adhesive power weakens and decreases. The resultant is sole separation from the sneaker base material. In case of breakage, damage, or rupture of a minimal extent corresponding repair methods are applicable.
• It is ideal to take up shoe cleaning with a high-quality cleaner specifically developed for sneakers. They help with a thorough rinse and cleaning experience.
• The initial step is to remove the original adhesion from the shoes. Acetone-dipped cotton balls are useful in wiping off the adhesive residue from the sneaker base. A heat gun is useful in treating exposed residue. The process for the midsole and outsole residue removal is identical.
• For a more localized glue cover, a rotary tool with a silica head is helpful in removing the adhesive residue.
• A high-quality, toluene-free shoe glue is ideal for excellent gluing capabilities. The sneaker base and the midsole undergo shoe glue application. The glue takes about 2 hours to properly cure. The curing results in a better and stronger adhesive bond. A second coating is given to the base and midsole and is left for curing again. Both are then put together for heat gun treatment. This ensures optimal adhesion to take effect.
• The same process repeats for the midsole and the outsole. The only difference being a longer curing duration. To add a touch of creativity, sole inking is a wonderful way to add character to the shoe.
Sneaker shoe heel repair procedure
Athletic shoes and sneaker heel repair need a lot of care and attention because of the fabric they comprise of. A combination of fabrics like suede, synthetic leather, rubber, textile, etc. constitutes the material for many shoes. Hence, while sneaker heel repairs, the fabric is the primary thing for consideration. Heel repair is important with respect to the overall sneaker repair regime as the ankle takes more stress while carrying out any physical activity and frictional wear and tear are more here.
• Before the selection of repair method, it is always good to go for thorough cleaning of the sneakers. This makes the process more convenient and cleaner.
• Exposure to major wear and tear on sneaker heels makes the fabric rupture. This makes the sponge filling material escape through it.
Shoe glue adhesion and stitching process
• Complete removal of worn-out area happens to make sure of the non-existence of any damaged fabric. A replacement fabric of similar material is very important while tracing the heel lining over it.
• Machine-stitching of fabric involves intricacy and precision over the periphery of the outside heel lining. Application of shoe glue follows the machine-stitching process. It is necessary that the glue over the material dries out on either side for superior adhesion.
• The surfaces owing to the gluing effect cling to each other when the fabric turns inside out. Applying pressure, the fabric has adhered to the heel lining. The insole goes on top of the heel lining.
• Fancying a fabric depends upon the required wearing comfort.
These methods ensure that your Nike shoes are all ready to don the streets once again in all their glory and flamboyance. Moreover, if they ever end up damaged, these procedures are there always to help sort your problems. These are just a few discrete sneaker repair solutions and there are many more specialized and tailored repair solutions that can help restore the fabric health of your favorite sneakers.